Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sir Paul McCartney in Paris

Meeting Paul McCartney

'5 Thursday October 2006, Hotel Le Bristol in Paris, by chance I met Paul McCartney, and remember our previous meeting in Liverpool in June 1960.

On this occasion, I have been supported by the beetle was then when I read my poems to music made by Paul, John Lennon, George Harrison and Stuart Sutcliffe available.

It 'was simply because he was a poet and Beat music guys, I proposed to them that spell their name with an "A" ThenThey became the Beatles, from June 1960 - and went to Hamburg and then the fame and fortune. I went to England and found a much fame and fortune.

In Paris, then in this day of 46 years, I was in the bar lounge sipping champagne cocktails, when I noticed a thin man with a jowly face and sitting in thatched fine hair in motion accompanied by three men and a woman. He led the way to the corner, but apparently there were not enough seats, so we sat at the bar.

IAt first he thought in French and just happened to look like Paul McCartney, whose pictures I knew only from old photos, as I have received no English newspapers or TV in my house in Sri Lanka.

So I was not sure if I was there the real Paul McCartney. I listened carefully, but to hear the chatter at the bar could not, when speaking English.

I gave a steward passing my business card and asked him to give the man at the bar.

Paul took the card andhas seen rapidly. He did what he said and asked the waiter where I was.

The administrator indicated, where I sat and I stood up when Paul turned on the stool and stood up. They embraced tenderly, shaking hands.

I told him I was fine to react, how smooth his face appeared swollen rather. He was actually very athletic and quick and I realized that I seemed much older. And during our conversation he referred to me for a fewYears older.

He excitedly told his companions that he was a boy when I knew. "We met in Royston came to Liverpool and stayed at the Gambier Terrace flat. We spent the night together."

I told him I do not remember, I know

He smiled and said that we spent the night talking his head off. He said he and the boys were fascinated because I was a beat poet from London. He said he remembered a line from one of my poems: "Grease easy for me, just me in the grease," hecit.

I told him that the words were real "break me in easy."

He said that his version seemed right, and I said I was surprised, he recalled.

He told his friends that are very important, then. "The things you have communicated to us. Do you remember telling John, George, Stuart, and me that one of the four men were gay?" We looked at each other and wondered what it was. "

I noticed that in this era and this year none of us knew much more. I rememberedTraveling with him and John Paul in a van and asked me about the spoken language is used in London. And then I told them inhalers benzedrene nose. "

"Yes!" said Paul, almost nostalgic. "He turned to us."

He asked me what I did and I told him I was writing more and has more than 60 books published, many different names, but was beaten poet.

He commented that earlier that day he went to the Place de la Concorde and the thoughthow big is that old buildings have remained intact, while the man had become modern. Seemed philosophy, saying it was the same with us.

He thought that, as the buildings had not changed, even though he was 46 years since we met, and we drank champagne in Paris instead of tea in Liverpool.

No comments:

Post a Comment