Thursday, August 19, 2010

Company Biographies - a marketing tool multiannual

In my role as biographer, think about the message path to another and so on and so forth. He can literally snowball effect and lead you to other sources and other people who have a story to tell, but never get the time or inclination, has begun. Write a life story often includes details of different jobs may have had some firms are associated with deals, angry, offering what happened the ups and downs of business and other organizations. Itthis chain, organic growth to help the hurdy-world hunger feast of the freelance writer.

Some time ago I wrote an article for a small automotive electric in a regional town. More than an advertorial in an editorial. The owner of the company was a modest man, who had worked hard, excellent reputation as a practitioner in his area and brought many people together for the journey through the learning and successfultraining course in-house. It was just a decent guy, who shared his success with his fellow colleagues.

I managed to convey everything in this article with points of difference on its business. Upon publication, he called me to say he had received an excellent response to articles and thank me for my work. I thought no more of this and spent several months. I was in the office of another company entirely independent and there was on the wall of the hallframed copy of my article about the small city car electrician.

Upon request I learned that the electrician had saved several hundred cars of copies of the article, it was laminated and off every company that did business with now, and every individual, had sent in its database.

"But why is it on the wall" I asked to hang me. "It 's just the best example of cross-marketing that I have ever met and I would remind my colleagues in mind that think outside the box is not only aSlogan for the marketing team. "

It was only a 800-word article, but nature has a very short biography of the auto electrician and his activities.

The next obvious question was: "How come you do not have an article about your company to the wall."

What happened was a 300 pages, hardcover, sewn and bound, glossy book on the history of his company. And just as it did the auto electrician, sent a copy to each contact had and held everypotential customers who came through the door. I've seen that since the book in the lobby and reception lounges of other companies, as well as magazines and other reading material.

People refuse a brochure or pamphlet, often without reading the content. But there's something almost sinful throwing away a book well presented and therefore tend to sit around for a long time. They last far beyond any other form of printed marketingMaterial.

If you're a copywriter, ghostwriter or freelance writing in every field of society and add to your toolbox biography. In these difficult economic times, a company well presented and elegantly written biography can a company with its competitors on a lift and set a new benchmark for the image.

Why am I on this information that address the growing number of companies, the concept and do something about it, the more other companies will follow this example and this means more work for us all. ELimit yourself not only to companies and other enterprises. I was recently contacted by the Heart Foundation to write a biography of this organization. I think the board is open to several years in marketing this kind, simply select the ball and run with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment