Monday, August 2, 2010

My favorite writer

I wanted to write, rant, rail, oh, I do not know, I know the usual, the media, cultural tourism, festivals generic consumption, lie, cheat, blah, blah, blah, but under the still engraved in Ezine again - this is the second time in two weeks has done - I have decided to change tracks. I have to stay away from negativity for a short time - I need a positive change - and, at least for a few hours. There's nothing worse than trawling through directories and files, research and experimentation,Delete, copy, paste, scan, backup, reorganization and restart all over again. It gives me a headache.

I have to jump into a book, any book, my last book, until I think about the amount of wasted time, some concern Bastard, beat me some robots.

Yes, books. I love books. They always, always. If I could sit and read all day I would be the happiest man on earth. For me it is a refuge, a place of education, action, emotion, history andparticularly telling good stories. I read a wide range of books - I am very democratic in this sense - to the extent that they are well written, crime, history, classics, graphic novels, pulp, biographies, politics, philosophy, art. I love the places that I also think I met beautiful descriptions of daily life, the loops, the formation of life of yesteryear, new ways of looking at things things, opposition, struggle, understanding, learning, camaraderie was I agree with theCharacters that jump from the sides and live in my head.

Writing and literature informed my life more than any other art form, and I sometimes wished I could add, I wrote had the courage needed. I think all writers in high regard, and perhaps one day will meet the will and the means to be a doodle of my own attempt.

So what should I do? What are my preferences? Now I tend to male authors (do not know why), I have not read read, as many authors as IrishI probably should, and I tend to read contemporary fiction. This is reflected in the list below, where I have some of my favorite authors (named in no particular order). There are many more, but I fear that the page further. So please, please include your favorite authors list, I like Some feedback on my list, had the authors and their work, and remember, if you are looking for a good book These writers are as good as any a place to start:

Paul Auster

Colum McCann

JohnMcGahern

James Lee Burke

Philip Roth

Antony Beever

WG Sebald

Orham Pamuk

Gunter Grass

Saul Bellow

Ian Rankin

John Moriarty

Sebastian Faulks

William Trevor

Lewis Hyde

Sebastian Barry

JM Coetzee

Philip Kerr

Michael Connelly

Henning Mankell

Henry Miller

Flann O'Brien

William Burroughs

JR Tolkien

Jack Kerouac

William Boyd

E. Annie Proulx

KurtVonnegut

No comments:

Post a Comment