Monday, July 5, 2010

Living in Saudi royal family as a teacher

When I was in my 20s a lot of Americans, among whom was also from members of my friends lived in Saudi Arabia, because their employment brought them there. There was little concern for personal safety at that time.

I was fascinated by the previous comments on the book cover the inauguration, a American teacher in a Saudi palace into a library, partly for the memories of people I met, lived and worked in Saudi decades. I'm glad I did because the book is a fascinating Kristen Deckerto read.

Kristen and her husband Randy has accepted an assignment to live and work in Saudi Arabia as a mentor to a royal family in Riyadh in Saudi. The Deckers were very much accepted and respected by the Prince and Princess and their children enjoyed their classes and learning experiences. But without warning, the Deckers falsely accused and convicted outside the country. They had to pack their things and flee the country at night for fear of being thrown into prison.

I learned a lot aboutSaudi Arabian culture, heritage, history and leadership by reading this book. Most fascinating grip of Islamic fundamentalists have had on the population, including the Royal Tour. Saudi leaders are very moderate and open to the West, but can not escape the influence of fundamentalists and handle.

Decker also stressed that women are only very few rights have the right to have their money, bank accounts and jewelry. The women wear jewelry symbolizingWoman's Worth with her husband and gives a means of survival if her husband dies.

The revelation has many similarities with the famous musical The King and I one big exception - the wise Decker is a fact, not fiction. I recommend this book on palace intrigue and the life of royalty.

From Emory Daniels

No comments:

Post a Comment