Saturday, September 11, 2010

Book Review - The Last Lecture

Cynicism is trendy and fashionable is to be blunted. I'm not immune. I learned recently, however, that I am not immune to inspiration. There are things that do not tell me I roll my eyes. Events that my perspective. I would not say "The Last Lecture, a book. I would be an event. So many people say that a book changed their lives. They never change. Neither do I. But this is something completely different.

The Last Lecture makes me want to be a better person

Randy Pauschtaught computer science at Carnegie Mellon University. As a husband and father of three young children, was his diagnosis of pancreatic cancer in 2006, a devastating blow for him and his family. There is no cure-Randy was told he could expect an additional 3-6 months.

Randy Pausch lived until July 2008, more than the doctor expected. Before leaving, he gave his version of "The Last Lecture." The Last Lecture is a tradition in the city where a teacher retiresdistill his teaching and life experience in a previous lesson. And 'the last chance to say, "You were my students, just what I'm for you to remember me by request."

Pausch lecture called "Really achieving your Childhood Dreams." The body of the lesson includes life stories of Randy, the ways in which he has achieved his childhood dreams to illustrate.

Few things are indescribable. The last lesson is really, really, really hard to describe, and are quitegood with words. Just typing this brings the book to me and I am sitting here with goose bumps trying not to let my eyes tear. I never hit a book. I doubt I ever be again, when one of his sons decided to write a book about his father. In fact, I hope that I have never influenced a book: I'm not sure I can survive.

Cynicism and pessimism are overrated

Going into detail would be more readers of the joy and pain defraud the rent of this bookunfold for them. I have to force it to anyone who will listen, especially my dear. How nice to see that people still scientifically educated, bright, friendly, compassionate and optimistic. How nice that Randy Pausch has left us all with such an exquisite gift.

I think everyone should have the last conference. If you have never bought it, please check it out at the library. Do yourself a favor. Then give it to someone you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment