Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Gladiator - A True Story of 'roids, rage and redemption of Dan Clark, aka Nitro

'In these days when I hear someone say: "Big Boys Do not Cry", I hear a voice within me answer him: "I know. But people do. '"This is a lesson, took Dan Clark discovered many years of research, and the last words of the last chapter of this compelling and honest story of his life, career and steroid dependence.

Gladiator: A True Story of 'roids, anger and redemption "Dan Clark, aka Nitro, star of' original" American Gladiators "television phenomena is a fascinating historyClark's journey in glitter and glamor, fame and the depths of hell for self-torment over the death of his brother, he was a child and dependence and abuse of steroids, his life for over twenty years has been consumed . The book takes an action such as Clark's high with stories of glory, power, sex and money, along with stories about the dark days of pain, vomiting, fighting, and depression.

Like millions applauded the famous "American Gladiators had" star, games and toysmodeled after him, know little about the nights of pissing blood needle sticks, fists more expensive than pills, arrested, growing breasts and bloody battles with friends and others who left, both emotional and physical scars.

Clark pulls no strikes with high or low. Candid comments like: "Everyone thinks it would be nice to have sex with a door of stars. Well, let me tell you something ...." And low, as his son said when they captured the injectionSteroids and asked if dad is sick, "Yes dad is sick .... Go to bed so he can take his medicine. I'm sick. ... I need help I see in the mirror. Haggard. Tired .. Shame a few paragraphs later, he continues, "I hope that after this, my son still love me. ... I hope it is forgotten."

I enjoyed reading the story of Clark. It is well written and keeps you interested from beginning to end. I could not help but think of the interview I conducted several years ago with the latelegendary bodybuilder and actor Steve Reeves. Reeves was vehemently against the use of steroids, and one of the influences that try to tell me when getting younger, although I have seen another increase in its size and strength faster than me with their use. Reading "The Gladiator" has just received that I never went down the road, I knew I could easily have some of the same circles negative drift is found in Clark I hope this book helps other lost from the bottom, whichPath.

I also found refreshing Clark assumes full responsibility for everything that has happened. Too many want to blame the system. Blame the environment. Too many want no one and nothing to blame but themselves. Clark admits, "Whenever I have a steroid, it was my decision. My fault. No one to blame but myself." He continues: "I'm glad I made the mistake. So too, perhaps others have not."

In the epilogue, is the attempt to present a positive message against drugsbased on his personal nightmare. Want to see more tests, punishing the guilty and training the next generation of possible steroid users of crimes and potential harmful side effects of steroid dependence. He knows it will be difficult, because nobody wants to hear the truth, as it does not, as of them. I applaud Clark for his story and tries to use his tragic experiences to help others. This book is very good, and I sincerely hope that worksothers, having to leave this path. Clark's last words in the epilogue to say that all, "Do not let your history or the history of your child."

No comments:

Post a Comment