Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The brightest Jewel - A Family Love Story by Mariam Henley

Be aware cartoons Mrs. Henley, I could not wait to open my advanced reading copy of "The brightest jewel." For those who do with comics This is a story with a complex plot, which is shown in cartoon form. It has a beginning and an end and is mature readers.

The graphics memory is a powerful look of a woman's emotional experience with international adoption. Also chronicles how the process affected their relationships with familyand friends, especially his father.

Henley allows the reader an honest look in his personal life without pulling punches - not an easy thing to do. I have heard with their own fears, always angry with the red tape and endless waiting. But I'm also happy when they brought home their beautiful new son. , Tells the reader how we were old friends. I felt like I knew her.

Henley is a compelling storyteller and a talented artist. I was hooked on the first page. L 'Story, is sentimental without heartbreaking, funny and witty, without noise. The drawings are the backbone of the book effectively convey the substance of the story.

And it's an exciting story on many levels. I particularly liked the graphic tribute to his father. In the month of October 1944 was a 24 year old Marine lieutenant. The letter he wrote home that killed his three best friends, as I had a shell bursting into tears.

But rest assured, all is not sad.dry humor through Henley. It 'difficult to convey the visual jokes, but being a cat person has been my preferred design of the representation of the merger of two family cats - four cats placed in a mixer.

I read the story in one sitting, and I know I will again assume for a second reading. E 'on sale in September, his 15th, and I recommend it.

The most dazzling gem, a family Love Story

Mariam Henley

Springboard Press

ISBN: 978-0446-19931-5

No comments:

Post a Comment