Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The brightest jewel - a Love Story by Mariam Henley family

Be aware Cartoons Ms. Henley could not wait to open my advanced reading copy of "The shiniest jewel". For those not familiar with the Graphic Novels This is a story with a complex plot, which is illustrated in cartoon format. It depends a beginning, middle and end and is more mature readers.

The graphics memory is a powerful look at a woman's emotional experience with international adoption. also chronicles how the process affected their relationships with familyand friends, especially his father.

Henley allows readers an honest look into their personal lives, without hiding anything - not an easy thing to do. The empathized with their fears, still angry with the red tape and endless waiting. But I was glad when they brought home their beautiful new son. Confides to the reader as if we were old friends. I felt like I knew her.

Henley is a compelling storyteller and artist features. I was hooked on the first page. TheThe narrative is heartbreaking without sentimental, funny and witty, without rebellion. The drawings are the backbone of the book effectively convey the substance of history.

It is an exciting story on many levels. I particularly liked the graphic tribute to his father. In the month of October 1944 was a 24 year old lieutenant in the Navy. The letter he wrote home, were killed when his three best friends through a shell bursts, had me in tears.

But surely not's all sadly.Henley dry sense of humor pervades. It 'difficult to convey the visual jokes, but as a cat person My favorite was the design of the representation of the merger of two family cats - four cats stuffed in a mixer.

I read the story in one sitting and I know I'll read it again for a second collection. Will be on sale September 15 and I recommend it.

The shiniest jewel: A Family Love Story

Mariam Henley

Springboard Press

ISBN: 978-0446-19931-5

No comments:

Post a Comment